[mapguide-users] Save the maps in a vectorized format like in a pdf file, for later viewing or printing ?

Nick Sebastyan nick_sebastyan at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 02:52:17 EDT 2009

Thanks for the response Kenneth Skovhede but actually I have found a way of generating a pdf from a dwf with the same picture quality.
If someone will need this functionality this is how i do it :

1.Using the functionality of the Plot as DWF task from the samples I generate the dwf file with the current state of the map.

2. I save the generated dwf file on the server in a temporary folder.

3.Install Autodesk Design Review (to interpret the dwf files) and PDFCreator (to generate the pdf file)(free software) on the server.

4.In PDFCreator open the options tab and mark the following  :
   General Settings -->  No confirm message switching PDFCreator temporarily as default printer
   Auto-save : Use Auto-save (this is required if you want to use PDFCreator from command line and don't want any messages to pop out)
  [ For other functionality needs please feel free to read the documentation of PDFCreator or use something similiar to PDFCreator ]

5.Using PDFCreator  in command line it can generate from the dwf file a pdf file containing the map in vector format.
   The command I use is : path to PDFCreator.exe /PF"path to dwf file" /NoStart
   (This is possible because PDFCreator switches temporarily as default printer and from the PDFCreator documentation the PF parameter does :
    "Print a file with the standard program linking with the extension of the file. In general, this option is useful in connection with Auto-Save mode." )

That is all.