[mapguide-users] MG Error Out of memory, bad allocation

juergen.konradt at bluewin.ch juergen.konradt at bluewin.ch
Tue Jul 21 06:57:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a problem with a rasterlayer (not tiled).
It is a layer using about 1000 TIFF-Files (RGB, 3000x3000 pixel, scale 1:1000).
The visibility of the layer is 1:100 to 1:5000.
If I load the map (sacle 1:2000) I get the error: Out of memory. bad allocation.
If I reduce the number of tiff-files in the folder (500) I get no error but the map is loading very, very slow.
If I change the format from tiff to jpg or ecw (all 1000 files) I get no error but the map is also very slow.
I get the same error with Autodesk Raster FDO and OSGEO Gdal

MGOS 2.02 or MGOS 2.1.0 Beta
W2003 Server SP2
IIS 6.0
AjaxViewer (JSP)