[mapguide-users] Missing XML properties from layers - MaintainAspect, InsertionPointX and InsertionPointY

cagray colin.gray at 1spatial.com
Tue Jul 21 10:25:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was creating point style layers on my local machine and also on a server.
Both are running Mapguide 2.1 Beta. I noticed that when I was trying to
parse the XML of a (single point style) layer I had created in Maestro, was
that on my local machine the XML looked fine and contained the XML:

            <Mark>
              <Unit>Points</Unit>
              <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
              <SizeX>10</SizeX>
              <SizeY>10</SizeY>
              <Rotation>0</Rotation>
              <MaintainAspect>true</MaintainAspect>
              <InsertionPointX>0</InsertionPointX>
              <InsertionPointY>0</InsertionPointY>
              <Shape>Star</Shape>
              <Fill>

However on the server machine the XML nodes are missing; MaintainAspect and
both InsertionPoints. If I try to add these manually in Maestro, it removes
them after saving regardless of what schema I am using for the layers. It
does actually show the options to control these settings in the GUI but
always ignores them even if you alter the values when saving:

            <Mark>
              <Unit>Points</Unit>
              <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
              <SizeX>10</SizeX>
              <SizeY>10</SizeY>
              <Rotation>0</Rotation>
              <Shape>Star</Shape>
              <Fill>

 I have tried an older version and newer version of Maestro on the server
machine than the one I use locally and both do this which makes me think it
is a MapGuide issue and not Maestro however I could be totally wrong!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Colin