[mapguide-users] Selection Limit?

Nickthetemp nickthetemp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:50:54 EDT 2009

Hello

I am using the following code to read through a selection and grab a 7 digit
number, which is then put into an array:

            $layerClassName = $layer->GetFeatureClassName();
            $selectionString = $selection2->GenerateFilter($layer,
$layerClassName);

            // Get the feature resource for the selected layer

            $layerFeatureId = $layer->GetFeatureSourceId();
            $layerFeatureResource = new
MgResourceIdentifier($layerFeatureId);

            // Apply the filter to the feature resource for the selected
layer. This returns
            // an MgFeatureReader of all the selected features.

            $queryOptions->SetFilter($selectionString);
            $featureReader =
$featureService->SelectFeatures($layerFeatureResource, $layerClassName,
$queryOptions);

            // Process each item in the MgFeatureReader, displaying the PID

			while ($featureReader->ReadNext())
            {
              $valArray[$counter] = $featureReader->GetInt32('PID');
              $counter = $counter + 1;
            }

The code works fine until I hit a larger selection number. Is there a limit
on the number of features that can be selected from a database?

I get the following error when the selection is big:

An exception occurred in FDO component. RDBMS: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUX]
SQL0010N The string constant beginning with ""MAPI" does not have an ending
string delimiter. SQLSTATE=42603

Any help would be appreciated

Nick