[mapguide-users] 2009 WMS Benchmarking

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jul 27 13:19:07 EDT 2009

Folks,

There are plans for a WMS benchmarking presentation at FOSS4G 2009, in
keeping with past presentations primarily comparing GeoServer and MapServer.
However, we would be very pleased to also have participation from the
MapGuide project.  The details are at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2009

Generally speaking, each of the WMS instances will be stood up on the same
server against the same datasources with those close to each project working
on tuning their instances and then some sort of standard benchmark tests
will be run against them.

The test system is linux, and ssh access is provided to participants.

I wonder if there would be people interested in participating on behalf of
the MapGuide project?

Best regards,