[mapguide-users] Point added --appears only after any action

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Jun 10 03:33:26 EDT 2009

The runtime map (which is shown in a session) is a binary copy of the
MapDefinition.
So, if you change the MapDefinition, the change will not be reflected in
the current session,
but any new sessions will have the change.
You can add the layer to both the runtime map and MapDefinition to get
both effects
if you like.

Note that after any change to a featuresource, layerdefinition,
selection or the runtime map
you have to refresh the map, either by zooming, panning, etc. or by
calling map.Refresh() on the client.
This point is explained in the developer guide.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S