[mapguide-users] Case Statement in Tool tip field

marius.360 marius at osssa.co.za
Mon Jun 29 09:24:05 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am wondering, is it possible to use a case statement in the Tool tip field
when setting up a layer in Mapguide Studio? The table the layer reads from
has numeric values in a column, and I want to display a string value
corresponding to the numeric value, the case statement I use is:

CASE WHEN "TYPE_POLLUTION" = '1' THEN 'Smoke' WHEN "TYPE_POLLUTION" = '2'
THEN 'Rubbish' END

Now I don't get an error when checking the validity of the statement, but
the tool tip doesn't display on my map. And this statement does return the
correct values when used in a select statement in Oracle. Does anyone have a
different way to accomplish this?

Kind Regards,

Marius