[mapguide-users] Date column problem

marius.360 marius at osssa.co.za
Thu Mar 12 07:32:15 EDT 2009

I have created a search functionality for my system.
It selects objects based on user input, zoom to the selected object and
highlights it on the map.

This work fine. I however, have a problem with one of my searches as the
spatial table the layer is created from contains a date field.
Now when I do the search, the zoom works fine, but on the selection I get
the following:
OSGeo.MapGuide.MgDateTimeException: A date and/or time exception occurred.

I use oracle 10g database.

I cannot remove the date column from the table as it is a requirement from
the client that there should be a date.

Does anybody have any suggestions?