[mapguide-users] PHP and MySQL problem

Stefan Dalakov s.dalakov at mapware.net
Thu Mar 12 10:11:44 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I have a problem with PHP and MySQL
My spatial data is in a MySQL database. I can access data and prepare a
map. Data is displayed as expected. No problem at all. When I try to
connect to the database, not using Mapguide API - I want to execute an
ordinary query to retrieve data - my code dies silently at
*mysql_connect* clause. The same piece of code works OK on another
server without MGOS. I checked on 2 machines with MGOS installed and on
2 commercial hosting providers. I guess it might be some setting in
php.ini file but I have no idea what.
Any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Stefan Dalakov