[mapguide-users] Setting up a site server and a webextensions server

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed May 27 11:18:44 EDT 2009

I'm trying to set up a dual-machine environment.
I have installed the MapGuide server and MapGuide WebExtensions on
machine A,
and then only the WebExtensions on machine B.

When I connect to the mapagent.fcgi on machine A, everything works as
expected.

When I connect to machine B, it does not work.
This is what happens:
1) I go to the http test page
2) execute "CreateSession"
3) I am prompted for username/password, which I enter
4) I get a sessionID, as expected
5) I execute "GetSiteInfo", and I get the results as expected.
6) I copy the url for the GetSiteInfo request into my adressbar and I
get the same response
--- Heres where it breaks
7) I then append "SESSION=<the session id from step 4>"
and it fails with this message:

Cannot establish connection. Exception occurred in method
MgServerConnection.Open at line 106 in file
d:\build\carrera_nightly\build_34.2\ent\os\common\mapguidecommon\Services/ServerConnection.cpp

So, as long as I am using http authentication, everything works, but
when I rely on the SESSION value, it fails.
Note that it fails even though I'm still http authenticating, but also
passing the SESSION value.

Is this a known issue? What can I do to locate the error better?

--
Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S