[mapguide-users] Fusion and Open layers Coordinate systems

Flipper scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Mon Oct 19 17:24:28 EDT 2009

Mike and DM guys,
I got Mapguide to return an EPSG Code from several maps using
ConvertWkttoEPSG code in Mapguide 2.1...Next step is to have open layers Do
transformation...
My example is Wisconsin Stateplane South nad 27 ft...or EPSG:32054...

In open layers I have done the following...
var google = new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
JAXCC = new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:32054"),
latlon = new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326");;
var extent = new OpenLayers.Bounds(2479000,480000,2496000,501000);
var newextent = extent.transform(JAXCC, latlon);

The extent is the WI-S Extent...New Extent should come through with lat and
lon...but it just returns the same points again...Now if I change extents to
10,10,20,20 and change my transform to latlon,google I get changed
results...What gives does open layers only do transforms on those two
systems? Am i missing some master file with all the EPSG coordinate systems
in it?

Also...Do you know if all Mapguide layers have to be projected onto google,
or can google/bing/yahoo layers be projected into the mapguide maps local
coordinate system?