[mapguide-users] Oracle 10g Standard

Dejan Gregor dejan.gregor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 06:08:01 EDT 2009

Hi James,

there is a PostGIS module of PostGreSQL 8.x out there that 'should' be able
ti communicate with MGOS. However, I was not able to connect MGOS with the
FDO provider of PostGIS or OGR successfully on a Windows machine. I would
not like to be offensive to the OSGEO team that worked on the PostGIS
provider, but I very much doubt that it works as expected currently at MGOS
2.0.2 / 2.1 beta.

I suggest you to stick with the file based database like SHP and MySQL that
has shown a proven track of working properly with MGE and MGOS
implementations.
Good luck!
Dejan