[mapguide-users] building 64bit openmapguide on rhel 5.4

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Thu Apr 1 02:20:22 EDT 2010

For me, it's less about easier than about co-existing on a non-dedicated
server.  We're never going to get people to try MapGuide if it breaks their
other applications to run it :)

If we find particular problems I'm guessing that we can set specific version
stuff in the apt requirements?

It would be cool if, as we gradually upgrade the OEM libraries, we could
switch to specifying a build rather than maintaining in our tree.  This
would allow us to bite off small chunks at a time. This would also force us
to work directly with those communities, contributing back up the chain.
 While this would be more overhead, it would also be a lot less painful when
upgrading the libraries.

Possibly more of a discussion for internals :)

Jason