[mapguide-users] Re: IE refresh issue

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 11:49:21 EDT 2010

> Anyone? This is a pretty serious issue, as it leads to total misalignment of
> different map layers. I need to know if it is a problem at my end, and, if
> so, if there is anything I can do about it.
>
> So, again, can anyone else see this problem?

I confirm your problem using firefox 3.6 (and IE6).

Some comments:

1. the problem seems to appear only for big enlargements or reduction
of the window. For smaller ones all seems to work correctly
2. Once there is the problem, a small pan or a map refresh (via
right-click contextual menu) fixes it.
3. In my opinion the problem may be caused by a wrong reposition of
the tiles at the end of the window resize (a calculation error?)
When you enlarge the windows some tiles sometimes appear to be doubled
(tile_problem1.jpg).
So the "blue border" appear to be correctly repositioned, while tiles
are wrongly redrawn.
On the contrary when you reduce a lot the window when the map is
centered around the center of the "blue border", often the base layer
appears to be wrongly centered much more to the right (usually along
the coast), while the "blue border" seems to maintain its correct
position (tile_problem2.jpg).

No idea on the fix but *big* window enlargement or reduction are not so common.
As a workaround, you can try to force a mapRefresh() or transform the
tiled base layer into a non-tiled one.

Regards,

Gabriele