[mapguide-users] RE: Event that captures mouse action

SriRam007 binod_tripathy at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 8 08:08:36 EDT 2010

hi vd,

thanks for giving such a useful site

Just for learning I am trying to show the number of objects selected
Below is my code taken from that site But not working

Not showing the number of objects selected in alert box

///////****************************************/Handling viewer
selection/**********************************************************
//Function variable to store the original OnSelectionChanged
var origOnSelectionChanged = null;

//Our custom selection handler
function MySelectionHandler()
{
    //This is important. We don't want to replace the original function,
rather
    //we want to attach our code into the execution sequence. So we call the
original
    //function first.
    origOnSelectionChanged();

    //Now our code goes here. For our example, we'll just show the number of
objects selected.
    var count = viewerFrame.GetMapFrame().GetSelectedCount();
    alert(count + " features selected");
}
window.onload = function()
{
//debugger
    //Timer variable
    var timer;

    // This is our "watch" function. What we are doing here is
    // repeatedly checking the mapInit value of the Map Frame. When
    // mapInit is true, then the map has been loaded.
    var watch = function()
    {

        // What we are doing here is attempting to access the mapInit
        // variable of the Map frame. The reason the code is in a try-catch
        // is because chances are that this code access the DOM
        // of the map frame before its DOM has been initialized.
        try {
        //debugger
            var mapFrame = viewerFrame.mapFrame;
            if(mapFrame.mapInit)
            {

                // Remove the timer so this watch function stops executing
                clearInterval(timer);

                // Replace the OnSelectionChanged function with our own
function.
                // It is safe to do this now because the DOM for the map
frame is fully initialized.

                // Store old function
                origOnSelectionChanged =
mapFrame.OnSelectionChanged;////Here not getting anything "Undefind" showing
                // Now replace with our own.
                mapFrame.OnSelectionChanged = MySelectionHandler;
            }
        }
        catch(e) {
        }
    };

    // Start the "watching" process. We basically invoke the watch function
    // every 200ms until the map has been loaded.
    timer = setInterval(watch, 200);
};

what might be the problem Please help me

thanks