[mapguide-users] RE: ECWs and MG 2.1

Thomas Lorenzon thomas.lorenzon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:24:12 EDT 2010

Thanks All, I read all the posts. Try for few hours but without results.

I work with:
- Mapguide 2.1 on a Windows Server 2003 SP2 (Italian Edition)
- IIS and .Net

All works fine with shp and sdf file.

Then I tried to use ECW file...

I copied the NCS files into "C:\Programmi\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\bin"
I copied gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll and gdal_MrSID.dll into
"C:\Programmi\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\bin\gdalplugins"

Then I loaded an ecw file (using Maestro):
- before starting I created an external alias
- then create a new dataconnection, select GDAL Provider, select "Composite"
as Type, Browse Alias and select just 1 of the 5 ecw files in the folder
- then "edit configuration document", change the bounds, change the gml
Bounding Box, change the WKT (as you can see in the attached
Raster_XML_144040.txt file) (i checked bounding box and WKT with gvSIG
without errors)
- Maestro reported no errors
- then created a Layer (no errors reported)
- then created a Map adding just the Raster Layer and select "set view to
current layer extents"
- Maestro show in "Coordinate System" the correct WKT and in "initial map
view" the correct Bounding Box
- now if I select "validate the current resource against common errors" it
show me an error message:

Error - OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.LayerDefinition:
Library://Test/Raster_test_3.FeatureSource could not be processed for
spatial info: Errore del server remoto: (559) MgFdoException.:
An exception occurred in FDO component.
Only MOSAIC(), CLIP() and RESAMPLE() are supported.

Someone have any idea?

Thanks Thomas

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4893062/Raster_XML_144040.txt
Raster_XML_144040.txt