[mapguide-users] ODBC (Data) Feature Source Join Issues

Chris Gountanis cgountanis at mpowerinnovations.com
Tue Apr 13 11:04:53 EDT 2010

I have this problem where joined feature source does not always show all
joined records.

Example:
Consumer SHP Feature Source
ODBC with IDs that link to Consumer

I create a join on Consumer linking to ODBC using matching ID columns.

Create a new layer on the ConsumerExtended Join.

I would like to show “Stars” on the joined found matches.

This works great some of the time so I know I have it setup properly.

Issue 1
Many times when I add a new ID to the ODBC the new star does not show up but
I can zoom to it. It is like it is there but not showing the star visually.
I disabled caching. It is the top most layer. When you preview the Consumer
feature source JOIN it only shows ex. 8 records when it should be showing
10… the ID are found in both so why is there not a solid match?

Issue 2
The filter doesn’t work on joined feature sources, WHY? Only themes work to
filter.