[mapguide-users] Internet Explorer likes localhost but not servername

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Tue Apr 20 10:46:24 EDT 2010

Hi All,
I am using the release version of MapGuide 2.1 on IIS 7.

I am having trouble that when I use Internet Explorer 8 I get a Syntax Error
in ApplicaitonDefinition.js (Line 163)

It works with IE8 with LOCALHOST but not SERVERNAME

It works with FireFox and Chrome for both LOCALHOST and SERVERNAME

So I guess IE8 is having trouble with the SERVERNAME and the session?

oh here is my AUTOLOGIN PAGE that I pass the Application Definition and
Template name to:

<?php
    $appdef = "";
    $template = "";

    $configFilePath = "C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\webconfig.ini";

    MgInitializeWebTier ($configFilePath);

    $userInfo = new MgUserInformation('Anonymous','');
    $siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();
    $siteConnection->Open($userInfo);

    $session = $siteConnection->GetSite()->CreateSession();

    GetRequestParameters();

    $viewerSrc = 'fusion/templates/mapguide/' . $template . '/index.html';
    $viewerSrc = $viewerSrc . '?APPLICATIONDEFINITION=' . $appdef;
    $viewerSrc = $viewerSrc . '&SESSION=' . $session;
     $viewerSrc = $viewerSrc . "&LOCALE=en";

    header( 'Location: ' . $viewerSrc ) ;

    function GetParameters($params)
    {
        global $appdef, $template;

        $appdef = $params['APPLICATIONDEFINITION'];
        $template = $params['TEMPLATE'];

    }

    function GetRequestParameters()
    {
        if($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == "POST")
            GetParameters($_POST);
        else
            GetParameters($_GET);
    }