[mapguide-users] RE: Major problems passing parameters using mapviewerphp

shepwaydistrictcouncil neil.thompson at shepway.gov.uk
Thu Apr 22 10:11:14 EDT 2010

Hi Tom

Just looked at your NNP interactive map and you've done exactly what we are trying to achieve right down to the search etc. Would you be in a position to share a little code or discuss directly?

Kind regards
Neil

Neil Thompson
Analyst/Programmer
Systems Development
Corporate Services
Shepway District Council, Folkestone, Kent.
Direct Tel:  01303 853340
Direct Fax: 01303 245978
E-Mail: neil.thompson at shepway.gov.uk  <mailto:neil.thompson at shepway.gov.uk>
Website: www.shepway.gov.uk <http://www.shepway.gov.uk/>

  _____

The contents and any attachments of this e-mail message are confidential and intended only for the named addressees.
If you have received it in error, please advise the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system.
Any unauthorised distribution, or copying of this transmission, or mis-use or wrongful disclosure of information contained in it, is strictly prohibited.
Shepway District Council cannot accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the council."
  _____

I have followed the instructions from the second link you quoted on several occasions. I find I usually make one or two errors, and it takes a while to get it working, but it absolutely does work. From memory, that example passes variables to the task frame, so you have to specify an initial script there, using Maestro or Studio, which handles the passed in variables, and then manipulates the map frame accordingly.

Is that the kind of thing you are trying to achieve?

Tom (also UK public sector, by the way)

  _____

View message @ http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Major-problems-passing-parameters-using-mapviewerphp-tp4941481p4942845.html