[mapguide-users] Modify Scale Ranges Of a Layers

Rajeev Singh rajeev at ipssi.com
Fri Apr 23 02:40:38 EDT 2010

Sriram,

In case you want to have a 'sticky' rememberance (sic) of last view of map
seen by user you could try something similar to what we did:

either at cookie level (or if you ask user to login, then login id) remember
the center and extent - Using javascript you can record this at the back end
whenever view/center is changed. (In our case we created toolbar action).
Then when the session is created the first time, get the information from
cookie and/or login id set the initial center and extent - the best place we
found was in ajaxmappane.templ

hope this helps.

thx

Rajeev K. Singh
IntelliPlanner Software Systems, Inc.
West Windsor, NJ (USA) / New Delhi (India)
+1.609.945.4927 (o) / +1.203.558.3224 (c)
+91.11.4672 6635(o) / +91.995 841 1064(c)
This mail contains proprietary and confidential information.
Please destroy it if you received it by mistake and notify the sender.