[mapguide-users] Maestro 2.1 Preview Release

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 01:38:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have posted a preview of the upcoming 2.1 release of Maestro (based on svn
r4814)

Some of the new features include:

 - DSN browsing support for the ODBC feature source editor
 - Map Editor enhancements
   - Double clicking any layer in the Map Editor will now open the Layer
Editor
   - Ability to drag and drop layers from the Site Explorer into the Map
Editor
 - Basic editor and API support for SDF and SHP load procedures.

Special thanks to Crispin @ 1spatial for supplying the following
enhancements as well:

 - XML editor find and replace
 - Right click open all resources in folder
 - Batch XML resource content find and replace from context menu
 - Coordinate System override usability enhancements

Although I have blogged about it, Local Feature Source preview is disabled
for this release because it depends on a fix for Trac ticket 708, which
we're still trying to determine the right solution for.

If you use the Maestro API in your applications, I have documented any API
changes made since the 2.0 release here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI/2.1ApiChanges

If you've provided translations for Maestro in the past, I would like to get
in contact with you about providing some updated translations as the new
features have left some language gaps that need to be patched up. I'm also
interested in any offers to maintain the Danish translation as Kenneth (I
assume) was the original maintainer of this translation.

<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI/2.1ApiChanges>Download
the preview release here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/Downloads (under the section:
2.1 Preview releases)