[mapguide-users] Re: Opening an image in an image editor

EnvCADGuy marc at environmentalworks.com
Wed Apr 28 14:18:16 EDT 2010

  The problem I'm running into is the fact that I have to maintain a specific
file path.  The City had the shp file that indexed all of the scanned aerial
images, and each point has a path to a specific folder where the scanned
image is located.  When you click on a point, it will pull that image up in
the windows picture viewer, therefore you wouldn't have to search through a
couple hundred tiff files to find the image you need.

  So, when I do ctrl-click on one of the points, it tries opening it up in a
new window, but since it references an I:/ drive, it can't open it.  So I'm
trying to find a solution that allows me to access these scanned aerials
from an external hard drive, mapped as an I:/ drive, for viewing since the
browser does not understand I:/.

I hope I didn't confuse everyone too much...