[mapguide-users] Enable full 64-Bit support for MGOS 2.2 & MGE 2011 - insecure version PHP 5.3.1

Bernhard Maehler bernhard.maehler at gmx.de
Sun Aug 15 15:29:59 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have successfully installed MGE 2011 (German version) on Windows Server
2008 R2 (64-Bit) with Apache and PHP.

Things I noticed:
- the Server is running in 64-Bit mode, the Web Tier (Apache & PHP) runs
only in 32-Bit mode, ok that's not dramatic
- the bundled Apache & PHP versions (Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.1 which is
definitively buggy and insecure) are not up to date (current versions:
Apache 2.2.16, PHP 5.3.3)
- PHP which came with MGOS 2.2 beta & MGE 2001 leaves many extensions out
(for example I can't enable oci8.dll)

Questions:
- are there any reasons why the installed PHP version is 5.3.1 ?
- is it possibble to enable the Web Tier (Apache & PHP) running in 64-Bit
mode ?
- what are the plans for MGOS 2.2 Finale Release ?

Thanks a lot,
Bernhard

P.S.:
Just found these sources for 64-Bit (ZIP archives):
- PHP 5.3.3: http://www.anindya.com/php-5-3-3-x64-64-bit-for-windows/
- Apache 2.2.16: http://www.apachehaus.com/cgi-bin/download.plx
I'll try to update next week and post test results then.