[mapguide-users] Maestro 3.0 Test Build #3
jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 08:24:51 EST 2010
I've put up the 3rd test build of Maestro 3.0 for download.
Once again, I'll preface all of this with your standard warning:
HERE BE DRAGONS! THIS BUILD SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED PRODUCTION-QUALITY AND
SHOULD ONLY BE USED FOR TESTING PURPOSES AND FEEDBACK. DO NOT USE THIS ON
PRODUCTION MAPGUIDE SERVERS!
With that out of the way and your knowledge/acceptance of the above fact
when testing this build, here's the changes from Test Build #2:
The missing stuff:
- Migrated Runtime Map API with improved create performance for large
- Http implementation uses System.Threading.ThreadPool for concurrent
- Local implementation wraps the GetResourceContents() API introduced
in MGOS 2.2. If connecting to and older server, it requests layers the old
fashioned way (one at a time)
- The RuntimeMap is usable with Rendering Service APIs provided you
created it with the correct meters-per-unit value.
- A partially functional Fusion flexible layout editor
- Can switch templates seamlessly
- Can edit map information (including Commercial Map Layer settings)
- Can't configure toolbars/menus or widget items (not implemented yet)
- Can't add additional widgets to the widget set
- Add missing keyboard shortcuts from 2.x
- Add missing close all / save all commands from 2.x
The new stuff:
- A specialized SQLite feature source editor
- Support for importing / exporting custom commands from a WebLayout
- API: Resource change notification events
The fixes and tweaks:
- Validation results dialog is no longer modal
- Can upload multiple files in Resource Data UI
- SHP feature source editor will upload any related files when uploading
a .shp file
- Fix manual extents entry in the Map Definition editor
Once again, remember that Maestro 3.0 is still lacking some features from
2.x as they are still in the process of being ported over:
- Custom user resource templates
- Raster layer editor
- Package editor
- Fusion editor
- Specialized feature source editors for other providers
- Possibly others
Once again, general notes when testing this build:
- Found a bug? Ask yourself: Did this bug exist in Maestro 2.x, and hence
is a known problem?
- Similarly, that Maestro 2.x issue you filed in Trac some time ago: Has it
been fixed or successfully worked around with this build?
- So generally speaking, it really helps to have an existing installation
of Maestro 2.x on hand (current release being 2.1.4) as a baseline
comparison to whether something has been fixed or broken.
- Filed an issue under the previous test build? Did this test build fix
this issue for you?
- All existing Maestro tickets will be re-targeted to the maestro-3.0
- Something breaks when running in Mono? It helps to specify the expected
behaviour when running in Windows. Screenshots help as well. Also indicate
the version of Mono
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Maestro-3-0-Test-Build-3-tp5799781p5799781.html
Sent from the MapGuide Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the mapguide-users