[mapguide-users] Re: Mapguide in cloud ...(Amazon EC2)

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 20:37:35 EST 2010

i haven't myself, but I've used AWS EC2 a fair bit

Trevor's new 2.2 binaries for linux should make this pretty easy.

Just remember, EC2 ain't exactly pumping powerful machines

I'd try using linode instead, they offer quad core zen instances
as default and they start our very cheap and there I/O performance
is much better than EC2

RAM 	512MB 	768MB 	1024MB 	1536MB 	2048MB 	4096MB
Storage 	16GB 	24GB 	32GB 	48GB 	64GB 	128GB
Transfer 	200GB 	300GB 	400GB 	600GB 	800GB 	1600GB
Price 	$19.95 	$29.95 	$39.95 	$59.95 	$79.95 	$159.95

http://www.linode.com/?r=0c3fc1f1868930edc1dcbd3cff855419a3ddc313
(disclaimer, that's my referral link)

and linode has a very nice dashboard for perf monitoring your
instances, something
EC2 really lacks

the free ec2 instances are not really suitable for IMHO for mapguide,
to small, think of it like this, whats your hourly rate? no point
saving a few $$ on
a solution which won't work which takes hours to setup..