[mapguide-users] Corect Labeling Polygons with Holes

Srecko Lipovsek srecko.lipovsek at kaliopa.si
Wed Dec 15 10:32:38 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm actually not sure if I read one about this problem once somewhere ...

Also I'm not sure if this is FDO issue?

We are using MG 2.1 and data from SQL 2008.

Some data are polygons with holes.

How to set correct labeling for that kind of geometry?

Labels for polygons are not always positioned well (look at pictures).

They should always be inside of polygon ... not in polygon hole or totaly
outside in some cases ...

Is there some setting or this is issue (maybe corected in version 2.2)?

I can't find any ticket about it?

Corect labeling (labels are pre-calculated in DB)

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5838046/correct.jpg

Wrong labeling (MG auto labeling)

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5838046/wrong1.jpg

Totaly wrong labeling (MG auto labeling - labels are actualy reversed)

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5838046/wrong2.jpg

-----

Srecko Lipovsek

Kaliopa d.o.o., Ljubljana, Slovenija