[mapguide-users] Problem zoomtoview in mapguide 2.1

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Feb 2 07:11:30 EST 2010

If I open the page, and type "kerk" and press "zoek", I get a javascript
error, "soort is not defined":

j=soort.length; //alert(j)

Try installing FireFox and Firebug to track the error.
(you need to define variables before using them).

Also, you split a string giving you an array of strings.
You then pass strings into the ZoomToView function.
Depending on how its processed, you will get really weird results, eg:

var xc = "5";
xc += 5;
alert(xc); //Shows "55", NOT "10"

Try using parseInt():

xc = parseInt(ar[0]);
yc = parseInt(ar[1]);

This mat have worked in previous versions, as they only used x/y to send
to the server,
and then parsed the results.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S