[mapguide-users] IIS 7.0 Forbidden when opening /mapguide/ (frombrowser and Maestro)

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Feb 16 09:31:34 EST 2010

Under "server extensions" in IIS, you have to enable the
isapi_mapagent.dll file.
If it is not already enabled, add a new extensions, and browse to the file:
C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\mapagent\isapi_mapagent.dll

On the mapguide/mapagent virtual folder in IIS, select properties and
configure.
Make sure the .fcgi points to same file as above.

In the "server extensions" there should be no " around the path,
in the virtual directory configuration, there should be " around the path.

If it does not work, try using the mapagent.exe instead:
C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\mapagent\mapagent.exe

It has worse performance, so you shouldn't keep it enabled.

I have also seen a case where removing and adding the extension and mapping
made the 500 problem go away.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S