[mapguide-users] Re: Problem with Studio 2010 +Flexible layouts Error

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Tue Feb 23 01:55:32 EST 2010

On 22 February 2010 21:01, padmini godavarthi
<godavarthi.padmini at gmail.com>wrote:

> 1) After clicking "show in browser" i got a map posted previously.After
> Zooming the map may times it comes to original data .I have set the
> coordinate system in my map definition is
>
> UTM83-11 (UTM with NAD83 datum, Zone 11, Meter; Central Meridian 117d W)
> which is correct to my shape file.

Are the map extents in your map definition set correctly as well?

> 2)And i have create one flexible layout by taking slate flexible layout as
> sampe.but it didn't apper in MG studio..Is there any chages required to
> display it in MG studio.I have refresh MG studio but of no use.............

Under templates/mapguide, you will see a number of XML files.  I believe
that you will need to create one of these for your template in order for it
to show up in Studio.  If you have already done this, then it may be that
the output of EnumerateApplicationTemplates MapAgent API call is being
cached -- I'm not sure if the MapGuide server caches these or not.  You can
test this using a URL similar to the below, inserting the hostname/port of
your MapGuide MapAgent.

http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=ENUMERATEAPPLICATIONTEMPLATES&VERSION=1.0.0&LOCALE=en&CLIENTAGENT=MapGuide+Developer&FORMAT=text%2Fxml&USERNAME=Anonymous&PASSWORD=

You may find that it gets harder over time to find support for using
Autodesk MapGuide Studio with MapGuide Open Source, since it is no longer
available as a standalone product.  MapGuide Maestro 2.0 is a competent open
source replacement for Studio and is more accessible to members of the open
source community.

Jason