[mapguide-users] Help with sample application setup

MM radar at netpalantir.it
Tue Jul 13 05:21:34 EDT 2010

Hello!

I am trying to setup the sample mapguide application to start learning
it, unfortunately I encountered some difficulties. Until now I did the
following steps:

- Installed mapguide 2.1 - it is a Windows Vista machine, IIS7, .Net
development
- Downloaded the sheboygan.mpg package, moved it, and loaded it from
here: http://localhost/mapguide/mapadmin/packagemanagement.php, it says:
LOAD SUCCEEDED
- Downloaded and installed the dotnetviewersample and navigated to
http://localhost/mapguide/dotnetviewersample/ajaxviewersample.aspx

I do see the viewer, but instead of the map I see a brown background. On
the left, I see three top folders, and below them a series of checkboxes
followed by a question mark. The loading progress bar keeps moving but
nothing happend from here.

In the logs I see this:

2010-07-13T11:13:30>
  Error: The requested operation version is invalid.
  StackTrace:
   - MgOperationThread.ProcessOperation line 434 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\core\OperationThread.cpp
   - MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation line 83 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
   - MgFeatureOperationFactory.GetOperation line 445 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\feature\FeatureOperationFactory.cpp
The requested operation version is invalid.

I downloaded maestro also, and tried it. It works, but if I click on
anything below the Layers folder, it responds with: "Failed to read
schema from data source".

Anyone can help?

Thanks!

--
Palantir
.-=   Nightfall,   quietly  crept  in  and  changed  us  all  =-.