[mapguide-users] SetResourceData: resource was busy

sekko970 fabio.franceschini at techneteam.it
Tue Jul 20 04:59:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

I need to update dinamically my ODBC feature source but, when I save it,
many times (but not ever) I have the following error:

Please try your operation later as the resource was busy:
Library://.../DB.FeatureSource

This is an extract of my code:

Dim dbResID as New MgResourceIdentifier(Library://.../DB.FeatureSource)
Dim dbByteRead as MgResourceService =
mgResourceService.GetResourceData(dbResID, "config")

Dim dbXML As New XmlDocument
dbXML.LoadXml(dbByteRead.ToString)
..... edit xml .....
Dim dbByteSrc As New MgByteSource(Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(dbXML.OuterXml),
Encoding.UTF8.GetByteCount(dbXML.OuterXml))
Call dbByteSrc.SetMimeType(MgMimeType.Xml)
resourceSrvc.SetResourceData(dbResID, "config", "Stream",
dbByteSrc.GetReader())

Thanks, Fabio