[mapguide-users] Can I use MapGuide Open Source in a commercial environment?

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Sun Jul 25 22:39:45 EDT 2010

Be aware that MapGuide open source contains some components (such as
Berkeley DB/DBXML) which may fall under different license terms if you
are distributing them commercially.

Also, make sure that you understand the terms of LGPL. While you may
absolutely redistribute proprietary components which treat MapGuide as
a library (communicate only via published interfaces), any changes you
make to MapGuide itself must be shared with the community if you
distribute them.

I am not a lawyer, but I believe that neither of these should be a
worry as long as your customer is installing an official MapGuide OS
release obtained from our website.

Jason