[mapguide-users] Re: FDO Exception when selecting feature.

DGK kerrcad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 08:56:56 EDT 2010

Where would I find the FDO toolbox in MGE 2011 so I can answer your question?

I "believe" it is finding the keys as I can label the points and they are
being properly categorized (color coded) according to status.  After reading
several other posts I hunted down the error log and found this message
(entire message at end):

"An exception occurred in FDO component.
        String does not represent a valid filter."

The common items to the error are the DSN drivers, FDO and the source data
(ported over to Access from Excel).  Since the same problem occurs
regardless of a DSN or external file connection, the DSN driver seem
unlikely.  Since I can get some (correct) information from the files about
the points (status, label, etc.)  it would appear that the FDO is detecting
some key properly (although I really don't know enough about this to be
sure).  That leaves the data as the most likely culprit.

If you can translate "String does not represent a valid filter."  into some
action I can take, I'd appreciate it.  Also, info on the FDO toolbox?

Thanks - Dan

StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers() line 804 file
d:\build\grandprix\build_53.5\ent\os\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
<2010-07-29T15:50:33> 	1852	Fusion Viewer	10.1.20.5	Anonymous
 Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        String does not represent a valid filter.
 StackTrace:
  - MgFeatureServiceHandler.ProcessOperation() line 83 file
d:\build\grandprix\build_53.5\ent\os\server\src\services\feature\FeatureServiceHandler.cpp
  - MgOpSelectFeatures.Execute() line 109 file
d:\build\grandprix\build_53.5\ent\os\server\src\services\feature\OpSelectFeatures.cpp
  - MgServerFeatureService.SelectFeatures() line 419 file
d:\build\grandprix\build_53.5\ent\os\server\src\services\feature\ServerFeatureService.cpp
  - MgServerSelectFeatures.SelectFeatures() line 266 file
d:\build\grandprix\build_53.5\ent\os\server\src\services\feature\ServerSelectFeatures.cpp
<2010-07-29T15:50:33> 	1644	Fusion Viewer	10.1.20.5	Anonymous
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: RochesterStatus