[mapguide-users] Re: MGOS 2.2 on Windows 2008 Server - Problem connecting from Maestro

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 23:04:57 EDT 2010

Thanks,Zac, for your help.

The connection details are correct - I use them all the time in about 3
other pieces of software.

Couldn't find a simple version number for the SQL Server native client -
ended up going into the registry ..
(This was the latest version that I could find on the Microsoft site today.)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\0B739D9D248E031459889B848E6709A4\ProductName=Microsoft
SQL Server 2008 Native Client
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\0B739D9D248E031459889B848E6709A4\Version=0xa000640(167773760)

(For security reasons, I have changed the username and password values,
below.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
  <Provider>OSGeo.SQLServerSpatial</Provider>
  <Parameter>
    <Name>Username</Name>
    <Value>geo</Value>
  </Parameter>