[mapguide-users] Re: MaestroAPI: GetRuntimeMap takes a long time to return the RuntimeMap

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:42:23 EST 2010

Hmmm, I can see how this could be a potential bottleneck for large
MgByteReaders.

The origin of this method (according to source code commentary) was to
workaround the issue of MgByteReader not being directly usable as a .net
Stream and because MgByteReaders cannot be passed as parameters (I think
this was the relevant thread of discussion:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/ByteReader-Problem-td1812123.html)

I wonder if we could implement a custom Stream class that functions as a
bridge between the MgByteReader and Stream APIs, so there is no overhead of
actually making a copy of the entire stream. It would have to be implemented
in a way that avoids passing MgByteReaders as parameters. Ugly.

- Jackie