[mapguide-users] Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Tue Oct 5 10:53:44 EDT 2010

Hi, Im trying to get my project to run with mapguide 2011 and Im receiving
"Attempted to read to..." error.
I have search on the internet and found several post on this topic and it
seems that everyone has a different idea why this occurs. I have tried many
of the "solutions" that Ive found without any luck.

I receive the error when I draw something with redline.

Error:
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
that other memory is corrupt.

Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or
write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is
corrupt.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This
is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.]
   OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideCommonApiPINVOKE.getClassId(IntPtr objectRef) +0
   OSGeo.MapGuide.MgSiteConnection.CreateService(Int32 serviceType) +28
   MapGuide2007Wrapper.NativeMethods.CreateFeatureSource(String sessionID,
String projection, String projwkt, String resid, Dictionary`2 columns) +62
   MapGuide2007Wrapper.MapGuideInterface.CreateMarkupLayer(Session sh,
String template_layerid, String newlayerid, String newfeaturesourceid,
String layername, String coordCode, String legend, Boolean showInLegend,
Boolean selectable, Dictionary`2 columns) +833
   GEOGRAFWebGIS.BorgerRedline.CreateMarkupLayer(Boolean ovewrite) +279
   GEOGRAFWebGIS.BorgerRedline.AddFeature() +40
   GEOGRAFWebGIS.BorgerRedline.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +775

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
+181
completedSynchronously) +75