[mapguide-users] How to expand group in Legend?

kelll kellieharrisson at sierrasystems.com
Mon Oct 18 18:02:56 EDT 2010

Question 1:
I have added a runtime layer and upon using reloadMap(); the legend shows
the new layer group and layer, but it is not expanded. I would like to
expand this new group.

I found the following post through search:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/How-to-expand-legend-programatically-in-Fusion-td4561423.html

In Kori's reply to this post, he/she lists a set of commands based on the
widget javascript.
One of the commands is:

Fusion.getWidgetById('Legend').renderer.expandBranch(folder);

Unfortunately I need a little more context to this code.
In particular, I need to know how the folder is derrived.
Some sample code would be appreciated! Or please direct me to a sample
website.

Question 2:
Also in regards to the OSGeo.MapGuide.MgLayerGroup property 'ExpandInLegend'
- why does this only have a get and no set? 'DisplayInLegend' has a set and
a get. It would have been really convenient to just use this
'ExpandInLegend' property. Is there a way I can change this to it has a set?
I have attached a screen shot of this property.
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5648915/ExpandInLegend.png
ExpandInLegend.png