[mapguide-users] Re: WFS-T or modify shp on repositories and commit

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Tue Oct 19 06:18:13 EDT 2010

Yes, using GeoREST you can modify features in MapGuide (or FDO).
How to configure GeoREST to work with MapGuide you can read here:
http://code.google.com/p/georest/wiki/Documentation

After you unzipped geoREST there are samples which you can run easily
on your own (using built-in httpserver - georesthttpserver.exe). More
here: http://code.google.com/p/georest/wiki/Installation
Bellow is sample from docs how you connect GeoREST to MG layer and
enable Json and Xml rerpresentations   :
<RestConfig>
 <Data>
  <Resource uripart="property">
    <Source type="MapGuide">
    <FeatureSource>Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Data/Parcels.FeatureSource</FeatureSource>
    <FeatureClass>SHP_Schema:Parcels</FeatureClass>
    <ServerIp>192.168.0.3</ServerIp>
    <ServerPort >2812</ServerPort>
    </Source>
        <Representation renderer="JSON" pattern=".json"/>
        <Representation renderer="XML" pattern=".xml"/>
    </Resource>
 </Data>
</RestConfig>

To use OL for viewing and editing you need to use new OL layers which
are in OL sandbox.
You can check source of this html page to see how it is done:
http://www.sl-king.com/GeoRestMapSample/example1/rview.html

This Sheboygan editing sample was part of samples coming with GeoREST,
I think it is not part of it anymore.
I will add this sample to GeoREST as separate download, so you can run
it on your own.

Haris