[mapguide-users] Sign MapGuideDotNetApi.dll from Mapguide server 2011 to use with MaestroAPI.

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Wed Sep 22 08:54:27 EDT 2010

I would like to use mapguidedotnetapi.dll (from Mapguide 2011) with
mastroAPI, like it is described on the following site:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI/MapGuideDotNetApiVersions

When I execute the following command from vs2008 command prompt ...
signer.exe -k maestroapi.key -outdir .\out -a MapGuideDotNetApi.dll

I get the following error:

Strong naming .\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll ...
An error occured while processing file .\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll: Command
ilasm.exe /DLL /QUIET /key=maestroapi.key
/OUTPUT=.\out\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll
C:\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll.il
/RES="C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll.res"
Output:
***** FAILURE *****

So what I tryied to do is to run ilasm.exe like this ...
ilasm.exe /DLL /QUIET /key=maestroapi.key
/OUTPUT=.\out\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll
C:\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll.il
/RES="C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll.res

and I get the following error:
C:\MagpugideDotNetApi.dll.il(75) : error syntax error at token
'.publickeytoken' in: .publickeytoken = (F5 26 C4 89 29 FD A8 56)

Any ideas why I get this error when running signer.exe command?

Other things that I have tried is to sign mapguidedotnetapi.dll from
mapguide 2009 and 2010 and then I receive information about the dll is
already signed:
Info: Assembly .\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll is already signed. Ignored

What I do not understand is why mapguidedotnetapi.dll comes signed from
autodesk/mapguide in version 2009 and 2010 and not 2011?
And why is there such huge size diffrense of mapguidedotnetapi.dll between
mapguide 2009, 2010 and 2011?
Mapguide 2009 - 604kb
Mapguide 2010 - 672kb
Mapguide 2011 - 19kb

I did open the mapguidedotnetapi.dll (v.2011) with dependencies walker,
because I figured the reason why the file is so small is because it depends
on another dll, but it seems like that it is not the case.

I really hope someone can help me with this!?

Regards,
Birgir