[mapguide-users] Re: Sign MapGuideDotNetApi.dll from Mapguide server 2011 to use with MaestroAPI.

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Mon Sep 27 04:24:49 EDT 2010

Hi, I was able to sign the five dll's that the MapguideDotNetApi.dll refers
to, but when I try to open the connection i get an warning and an error.

Im not sure if it makes any sense, but do I need or is it possible to sign
the mapguidedotnetapi.dll even though it only type forwards to other dlls?

I thought perhaps that I would need a newer Maestro release to run with
mg2011? Currently I am running MapGuide MaestroAPI version 2.0.0.4650.

In regards to the warning then the bin folder contains all the dlls
required, to the best of my knowledge.
Not sure about the error, it might be because the mapguidedotnetapi.dll
isn't signed?

I get the following warning:

Failed to create a native component! - check that webconfig.ini is valid and
that the WebGIS "bin" folder contains the Mapguide dll's
Error: Could not load file or assembly 'OSGeo.MapGuide.PlatformBase,
Version=2.2.0.5305, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its
dependencies.
The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly
reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Source: mscorlib Stack trace: at
System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError,
Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark,
Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError,
Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError,
Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Type.GetType(String typeName)
at MapGuide2007Wrapper.MapGuideInterface.InitializeWebTier(String
configFile)

and this error:

Page conflicthandler.aspx failed to load, referer:
http://geomgep/sagsbehandlerwebgis2011/extkort.aspx?id=SAGSBEHANDLERWEBGIS2011
Error: Could not load
file or assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi, Version=2.0.0.2308, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=f526c48929fda856' or one of its dependencies.
The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly
reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Source: MapGuide2007Wrapper
Stack trace: at MapGuide2007Wrapper.NativeMethods.CreateFeatureSource(String
sessionID, String projection, String projwkt, String resid, Dictionary`2
columns)
at MapGuide2007Wrapper.NativeMethods.CreateFeatureSource(String sessionID,
String projection, String projwkt, String resid)
at MapGuide2007Wrapper.MapGuideInterface.CreateMarkupLayer(Session sh,
String template_layerid, String newlayerid, String newfeaturesourceid,
String layername, String coordCode, String legend, Boolean showInLegend,
Boolean selectable, Dictionary`2 columns)
at MapGuide2007Wrapper.MapGuideInterface.CreateMarkupLayer(Session sh,
String template_layerid, String newlayerid, String newfeaturesourceid,
String layername, String coordCode, String legend, Boolean showInLegend,
Boolean selectable)
at GEOGRAFWebGIS.conflicthandler.ActionsMapGuide2007(WebSite thissite,
String tool) at GEOGRAFWebGIS.conflicthandler.Page_Load(Object sender,
EventArgs e)