[mapguide-users] Native methods, problem with mapguidedotnetapi.dll

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Tue Sep 28 04:55:39 EDT 2010

Im am trying to get change from mapguide 2009 to mapguide 2011 and it is
causing me some headache.
Earlier I posted this
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Sign-MapGuideDotNetApi-dll-from-Mapguide-server-2011-to-use-with-MaestroAPI-td5558959.html
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Sign-MapGuideDotNetApi-dll-from-Mapguide-server-2011-to-use-with-MaestroAPI-td5558959.html

and I thought it had solved my issues but I am still not there yet.

My problem is with Mapguide NativeMethods, and if I undertand this
correctly, uses the mapguidedotnetapi.dll which has been changed from
previous mapguide versions and
is only a stub the typeforwards to five other dlls.

The errror I receive is as follows,
Failed to create a native component! - check that webconfig.ini is valid and
that the WebGIS "bin" folder contains the Mapguide dll's
Error: Could not load file or assembly 'OSGeo.MapGuide.PlatformBase,
Version=2.2.0.5305, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its
dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the
assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Source: mscorlib
Stack trace:    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name,
Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark)
   at System.Type.GetType(String typeName)
   at MapGuide2007Wrapper.MapGuideInterface.InitializeWebTier(String
configFile)

What I have done is...
signed these five dlls, but not the mapguidedotnetapi.dll.
I've added <bindingRedirect..> to my web.config.
I have update my MaestroApi to version 2.1.3.5165
Gone through all my reference in visual studios to make sure that Im
actually using the correct dlls.

I really dont know what else I can do, but there must be something that I am
missing.