[mapguide-users] Re: Upgrading MaestroAPI

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Thu Dec 1 07:48:47 EST 2011

OK,

now I've tested this piece of code I guessed it would be right, but it
doesn't work!

>     // Create a new ResourcIdentifier for the new LayerDefinition
>     ResourceIdentifier newResourceID = new ResourceIdentifier(layerName,
> ResourceTypes.LayerDefinition, Connection.SessionID);
>
>     // Saving the LayerDefinition first
>     Connection.ResourceService.SaveResourceAs(newLayerDefinition,
> newResourceID);
>
>     // Create a new RuntimeLayer from the just saved LayerDefinition and
> assign it to the old one
>     runMapLayer = runtimeMap.CreateLayer(newResourceID,
> runtimeMap.GetGroupByName(runMapLayer.Group));

I certainly can remove the old layer and add the newly created one to the
map. But it seems like a little overhead to me.

Jackie, what is the reason for making the FeatureSourceID-property of the
RuntimeMapLayer private. Any chance to make it public so that the code works
like the old way? Looks much smarter to me:

>     // Create a new ResourcIdentifier for the new LayerDefinition and
> assign it to the RuntimeMapLayer
>      runMapLayer.LayerDefinitionID = new ResourceIdentifier(layerName,
> ResourceTypes.LayerDefinition,Connection.SessionID);
>
>     // Saving the LayerDefinition and RuntimeMap
>     Connection.ResourceService.SaveResourceAs(newLayerDefinition,
> runMapLayer.LayerDefinitionID);
>      runtimeMap.Save();

Thanks, Gunter