[mapguide-users] Re: Automatic zoom to selected features

soudemans soudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Thu Dec 1 10:57:20 EST 2011

Jackie Ng wrote

> You could also just invoke the Zoom to Selection viewer command in your
> javascript.
>
> - Jackie

Thanks Jackie,

I tried using your suggestion by substituting:
        s += " main.ZoomToView(" + _CtrPtX + "," + _CtrPtY + "," + _MapScale
+ ", true);" & vbLf
with:  s += " main.ZoomSelected()" & vbLf
where main is "window.opener.window.opener
But got an error:
*"Object doesn't support this property or method"*
I looked online for an answer but found nothing other than conflicting
information.  Several posts even suggested that it would be nice to have
such a function and then described how to write one, pretty much what I just
did.  Could you be more specific and show how "Zoom to Selection" would be
used?
Thanks,

Sierk