[mapguide-users] 64-bit woes

_Jon_ jrizzo at Langan.com
Fri Dec 23 13:01:47 EST 2011

Hello,

I have developed a site on MGOS 2.2.  I built the (.NET) site on a 32-bit
windows 2008 development machine, which is not my primary development
machine.  I am now trying to get the site to build on my 64-bit Windows 7
development machine, and I am having trouble.  The strange part is that if I
copy the compiled web site over to my 64-bit machine and replace all of the
mapguide dlls with the 64 bit versions, the web site runs just fine hosted
on my 64 bit machine.  The difficulty comes only when I try to build the
source code.  I get the error message "Could not load file or assembly
'MapGuideDotNetApi, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an
incorrect format."

I have found a few other threads referencing this error message, and they
suggest making sure that all DLLs are 64 bit.  I have done this, but the
error message persists.  I have been building my site on a 32 bit machine to
get around this issue, but I really need to get this working on my regular
development machine.  Does anybody have any additional suggestions that I
should try?  Thanks.

Jon