[mapguide-users] Re: Again: strong naming of MapGuideDotNetApi.dll

soudemans soudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Fri Dec 30 17:16:19 EST 2011

Thanks Jackie,

Since I did the signing manually I don't think I'll need the app at this
point.  I did take a look at it and found myself lost on how to use it.
Perhaps some instructions are in order.

I tried a host of things to get past the
"Could not load file or assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi-2.2' or one of its
dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the
assembly reference."
error but to no avail.  All the DLLs are in the bin folder.  I have removed
and added them a couple of times(using the VS 2010 Add Reference tool)  but
the error stays.  The curious thing is that these mapguid DLLs never end up
being listed to the references section of the project property pages.
Included the sugested assemblyBinding changes to the web.config file which
looks like this now:
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions"
publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design"
publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
         <assemblyIdentity name="MapGuideDotNetApi"
publicKeyToken="f526c48929fda856" />
         <codeBase version="1.0.0.1" href="MapGuideDotNetApi-2.2.dll" />
         <bindingRedirect oldVersion="2.0.0.2308" newVersion="1.0.0.1" />
       </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
Good thing it is New Years (a long) weekend and I am going home soon.  Be
back Tuesday.

Best