[mapguide-users] RE: Raster provider

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Feb 22 08:50:33 EST 2011

As far as I know, all versions of MapGuide Open Source and the GDAL Raster Provider do require manual override of CS and map settings.  It is a defect that needs to be looked at in more detail.  MapGuide/GDAL is functional but definitely quirky.

Funding or donations would help offset investigation/development costs.  Please contact me offline if you are interested.

One other thing to note -  MapGuide/GDAL is mostly single threaded.  Under load tests, scalability is limited to approximately 2 cores of CPU.

Regards,
Trevor