[mapguide-users] Re: WMS - A length exception occurred: string too long

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Feb 22 08:41:19 EST 2011

At least part of the "length exception occurred" issue is due to a thread safety issue in the MDFParser.  A partial fix for this will go in with http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1601.  I was discussing the patch with Bruce Dechant last week and it is not complete based on internal testing at Autodesk.

The error occurs in the mapagent so there are no logs generated by default.  Error logging for the mapagent can be enabled with the following changes in webconfig.ini:

[GeneralProperties]
LogsPath                           = C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\Temp\

[AgentProperties]
ErrorLogEnabled                    = 1
ErrorLogFilename                   = Error.log

If someone has an easily reproducible test case, please create a new defect and attach the test case to it.  I will collaborate with Bruce to get this issue resolved.

Regards,
Trevor