[mapguide-users] RE: MgFeatureReader.Close() doesnt close postgis connections

KeithC keith.campbell at atkinsglobal.com
Thu Feb 24 06:12:57 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing similar issues with Oracle spatial based layers -
the number of connections created very soon hits Oracle default of 150 if
several layers are accessed.

We have built some custom tools using the MapGuide API and when used in
conjuction with one layer, we can have 12 connections open (one of which is
the connection used by the AJAx viewer, i.e. map, itself).

James says the FeatureService.SelectFeatures() method opens a connection.
I'd be interested to know what other methods open connections, and also
whether other people have had problems running out of connections and what
steps they have taken to avoid this.

Keith