[mapguide-users] RE: Raster provider

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 18:03:07 EST 2011

ok, I have changed #740 to critical, I didn't intend to flag this
as a blocker for the release of 2.2, just flagging it as a blocker
to using the feature.

+1 everything Trevor writes

The following companies have donated funds towards getting
the GDAL raster provider into a usable state.

OTX Systems
Pacific Alliance Technologies
Explore Australia
Ennoble Consultancy
Spatial Integrators

http://www.otxsystems.com/community-initiatives/gdal-provider-initiative.html

As a result we now have a stable provider, now if a few more companies
who use MGOS a commerical environment **voted** with some additional
sponsorship, we could easily achieve what everyone desires, fully working
raster support out of the box