[mapguide-users] Legend Doesn't Refresh

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Tue Mar 1 19:07:44 EST 2011

I am using the basic layout viewer.

When I add the layer as shown below the layer is  added.  I am trying to
refresh the legend so the new layer appears but it doesn't happen until I
manually refresh the legend by right clicking and hitting refresh.  I am
probably trying to refresh things wrong but can't find my error.  I am not
adding the layer to a group.  Don't know if it makes a difference.

        //add layer to map if it doesn't already exist (copy from repository
to session)
        String strTruckRouteLayerResID =
"Library://layers/truck_route.LayerDefinition";
        String strLayerName = "truck_route";
        String strLegendLabel = "Unit" + strUnitNo + "   " + strDate;
        MgResourceIdentifier layerRes = new
MgResourceIdentifier(strTruckRouteLayerResID);
        MgLayer layerTruck = new MgLayer(layerRes, resService);
        layerTruck.SetName(strLayerName);
        layerTruck.SetVisible(true);
        layerTruck.SetLegendLabel(strLegendLabel);
        layerTruck.SetDisplayInLegend(true);

        //add layer to map if it doesn't already exist
        MgLayerCollection layers = map.GetLayers();
        if (!layers.Contains(strLayerName))
        {
            layers.Insert(0, layerTruck);
        }
        map.Save(resService);

%>

<script type="text/javascript">

    function mapRefresh()
    {
        var map = document.GetMapFrame();
        var legend = map.GetLegendCtrl();
        legend.Refresh();
        map.Refresh();
    }

</script>

<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title>Find Truck Route Result</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="cid_style.css" />
</head>